The museum is open:
- on working days from Monday to Friday, 9:00 to 16:30
NOTE: last visitors to the permanent exhibition are admitted at 16.00
- on Saturday, Sunday and holidays open from 9:00 to 17:00
NOTE: last visitors to the permanent exhibition are admitted at 16.30
- THE MUSEUM IS CLOSED ON: January 1, November 1, December 25 and on the Eastern Sunday
The Professor J. Miklaszewski Nature and Forest Museum at Białowieża National Park is the oldest museum in Polish National Parks and, at the same time, the oldest museum in Podlaskie Voivodeship that is still open. Its traditions reach back to the interwar period, and its collection includes numerous valuable scientific collections and rare specimens.
The permanent exhibition presents forest communities most characteristic for the Forest (broadleaved forest, alder swamp, riparian forest, pine forest, and boreal swamp spruce forest), ecological processes (e.g., stages of wood decomposition), and natural phenomena (e.g., a unique abundance of species in the fungi and the animal kingdoms). The cultural part of the exhibition presents ways in which Forest resources have been used throughout the centuries (hay-making, bee-keeping, wood processing to obtain turpentine and charcoal, forest narrow-gauge railways).
ADMITTANCE HOURS FOR THE PERMANENT EXHIBITION:
- for individual tourists using audio guides (up to 15 individual people in a group) – as specified by the Museum ticket office.
- for organised groups with a guide – previous booking of a specific date and time is required.
- for individual tourists with a guide (up to 25 people in a group) – as specified by the Museum ticket office.
Bookings are not accepted for visits with an audio guide.
e-mail: [email protected]
phone: +48 85 68 29 702